I know many of us have taken this time to do some much needed spring cleaning. On my wardrobe detox, I found some plain sweaters that I tend not to wear very often. My immediate thought was to try to revamp them… so I came to the conclusion to tie-dye!
How to Tie-Dye Sweaters at Home:
- Soak your clothing in a bucket of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water
- Squeeze out the garment and rubber band it together
- Prepare the each color in separate squeeze bottle with 8 oz water, 10 drops food coloring per bottle
- Put banded and wet garment in plastic bag and begin spraying with color to desired effect- stick to 2 or 3 colors. Make sure you turn around so you get front and back
- Tie up or seal bag and let sit for 8 hours or overnight
- After allotted time, cut off the rubber bands and put into the washing machine on a gentle cycle with your regular detergent.
- Let hang to dry.
Note** Wash this garment alone for the next few washes as some dye may come out with time.
THE ORIGINAL SWEATER:
(I used blue and yellow dye)
Tag us @shopsenlis if you try this!